1. Machine stitched pulp/rug canvas sampler (previously submitted).
2. Added handstitching - from top:
- diagonal straight stitches
- long-legged cross stitch
- elongated chain stitch
- uneven button hole stitch
3. More detailed photo of handstitched sampler ideas (previously submitted).
4. Close up of red stitching on charcoal pulled-thread sampler.
5. Rug canvas painted with red acrylic. Some ideas including weaving ribbon
and beading in the spaces.
6. Another experiment - woven raffia dipped in pulp then a large letter "a" handstitched
with a large, loose backstitch using suedette cord.
7. I returned to the pulled and wrapped thread piece and wove a thick black cotton back and forth to create a mesh within the original "bars". I may stitch over the top of this.
8. Close up of a piece previously submitted. I took your advice and have removed (by wetting and rubbing) some of the paper behind the green vegetable net.
The top row of stitching resembles handwriting, the lower a Cyrillic script and the panel at the left side resembles (to me) a runic writing form.
9. close up of 8.
10. a further close up of 8.
9. Close up of handmade cord couched onto pulled-thread background to form a network.
I hope these pictures are clearer - thank goodness they have loaded OK! I will continue with more samples and post them ASAP. I confess I am struggling with this part of the module and how to express the rhythmic but varied patterns of writing.